Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Best Banana Pudding you will Ever Eat! (Guaranteed!)

OK, so I'm heading to the in-laws tonight for dinner. This is a Paula Deen recipe that I brought to a party a few weeks ago and it received a lot of fanfare...thought I'd give it another shot tonight!

I originally found this on Mommy's Kitchen which is a fantastic blog full of yummy recipes! The Paula Deen version is, of course, full of fat-a-licious ingredients, but I managed to make it a bit "lighter". As rich as this dessert ends up, you won't miss the extra calories, I promise!

Here's all the ingredients you'll need for happiness:


2 boxes of Pepperidge Farm Chessmen cookies
14 oz can of fat-free sweetened condensed milk
2 cups of milk
3-4 bananas (sliced)
8 oz light cream cheese (NOT FAT FREE!!!!! That stuff'll kill ya!)
Tub-O-Cool Whip
Small box of Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix (I rarely use Sugar free anything, but figured, what the heck!)


In a large mixing bowl, combine the pudding mix and milk until you have pudding (duh!)




In a second bowl, combine the cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk (YUM!)



Fold the contents of the small bowl into the large one, then add the Cool Whip. Try to control yourself...




Layer the bottom of a casserole dish with Chessmen


Then Bananas



Then half the pudding Mix




More Bananas




More Pudding




Top it all off with Chessmen! (There will be extras, 1 box is too few and 2 boxes are too many, but you'll have plenty of opportunity to sample you efforts prior to assembly!)



Enjoy! :)

5 comments:

  1. you need more chessman cookies! haha LOVE it! I'm drooling for it here at work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it turned out so good. I love that blue pan you have it in. I am so glad you started a blog you will have so much fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does look good. Too bad I am lactose intolerant. The chessman cookies are some of the best store bought cookies around. They go well with rasberry sorbet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You know I was reading your comment on healthier versions of recipes. I know the chessman cookies are probably horribly high in fat. But to help this be a wee bit better for our body. You can use sugar free vailla pudding. Lite or fat free coolwhip. Fat free sweetened condensed milk, 1% or 2% milk and fat free cream cheese. I bet it would taste about the same, what do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. MMMMMMMMM---Im making this tonight!!!! Thanks for sharing---LOVE the blog A!

    ReplyDelete