Wednesday, June 10, 2009

DIY Stationary

One of the Book Club girls is moving away...to Kansas City! We are going to miss her so very much, Book Club just won't be the same without her.

I wanted to get her something nice as a going-away present and remembered when I made these for Kelley over at The Lawrences for her bridal shower...They are easy to make and nice to give someone who loves stationary and might be needing to write some thank-you notes in the near future! I originally got this idea from my mom, but I don't know where she got the idea in the first place. I just thought they were so cute and such a clever idea!

All you need:

Stamps and an Ink Pad




Pretty Paper




Adhesive squares (I LOVE LOVE LOVE these things!)






Packaged sets of cards and envelopes (I bought these at Hobby Lobby and they had a plethora of colors to choose from!)





Seeds! (I purchased these at Sunflower Market, I really liked the vintage look they had to them and each packet was less than $2)


I didn't have my camera the day I made them, but they were really easy. Here are some photos of the finished product...










1. Cut the pretty paper to a size which will cover the majority of the front of the card. Do yourself a favor a use a paper cutter! It just looks so much better...

2. Affix the paper to the front of the card using the scrapbook squares. (You could also use a glue stick, but it just doesn't stick as well, in my opinion.)

3. Using the adhesive squares again, affix the seed packet to the left side of the card


4. On white or any corresponding color, stamp a message and cut it out accordingly! My stamps said:


"Wishing you sunshine and sunflowers all season long"

"Friends are flowers that never fade"

"If I planted a seed for every time I think of you, my garden would grow forever"

*Note: I totally poached these stamps and the aforementioned paper cutter from my mom!

5. Stick the stamped message on the right side of the card and you're all done!


Now your friend can send the cards to anyone they want, and the recipient will have a packet of seeds to plant! Cool, huh?



5 comments: