Monday, June 8, 2009

My Latest Obessesion

OK, I know I said I was back, but I wasn't really back...
However, I have several recipes, crafts and even a Real Wedding up my sleeve, if I could only find the time to post it all!!!

I have found a new love....Podcasts! Now, I still heart Justin Timberlake, but these podcasts from iTunes have been so cool for the gym! I have never been the talk radio type of gal, but since I have turned into a rabid political junkie, these have been such great sources of information...

The best part about these podcasts.....they are FREE!!!!! Yep, no cost whatsoever to download these babies and stay informed-and politics aren't the only genres out there...They have language learning, comedy, etc...Some of them are even in video from, so if you have a fancier iPod than I do (I just have the shuffle) you can even see your podcast instead of just listening!

Once you subscribe to the podcast, it is automatically updated each time! Here's what I've been listening to:

Cato Daily Podcast, Left, Right & Center, and The McLaughlin group: These are all panel formats that contain people, from both political persuasions, discussing current events. Each podcast is between 8 and 25 minutes.

Meet the Press: This is just the weekend television show in audio format. It's about 40 minutes.

Democracy Now!: This podcast is completely geared towards liberals. I think that hearing both takes on the same story is always a good idea, and I just couldn't bear to download NPR. My biggest beef with this one is that every episode is almost an hour and broadcasts 5 times a week, so it is difficult to keep up with.

Fox News Radio and President Obama's Weekly Radio Address: Oh yes, I put those two together! These are each 5 minutes and only are updated every week. There is some good info here!


Happy Listening!

2 comments:

  1. That's a great idea! Thanks for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will have to check them out on my little shuffle too!

    I am so curious to read more about your "weddings"...side job?

    ReplyDelete