Monday, June 1, 2009

I'm ba-ack!

Well, I guess that didn't take as long as I thought it would-now if I can only find the time to put all my thoughts on screen (haha, instead of paper, I said screen! Yeah, I'm a dork.)

OK, so the Mr. and I finally returned our (late) DVD's this weekend and exchanged them for a couple more. BTW, Blockbuster Online is such a fab service! It's just like Netflix as they mail DVD's to you, but instead of mailing them back (which you CAN do) you have the option to exchange them in the store! Once they are scanned in one of their stores, they automatically send the next one in your queue! However, the ones you get from the store are subject to late fees, which is unfortunate. Thus concludes my shameless product promotion of the week.


Anyhoo, the Mr. and I finally got around to seeing Seven Pounds. I had read a couple of spoilers, so it wasn't exactly a surprise for me, but I was thinking that if I hadn't read all that, the movie would've been super confusing! I thought it was pretty good, but the whole "revealing the plot at the very end" just doesn't work for people like me. AKA Impatient! Warning, spoiler alert after the picture.



*SPOILER ALERT!* Can I just say that killing yourself with a jellyfish (albeit a poisonous one) is weird. How were his organs even viable for transplant after that? Sorry, but that just doesn't jive with the health care professional in me.

All in all, it was a pretty good flick and I even shed a couple of tears at the end. However, the last movie I saw in theaters with the Mr. is quite possibly the WORST movie I have ever seen...


Thank goodness we had a gift card and didn't shell out any dinero for this one. Had I known it wasn't screened for critics prior to release, I never would have wasted our time with this one! It was so bad. It was painful. I thought the Mr. was going to walk out at one point (something my penny-pincher self just doesn't like to do, but I seriously could hardly have blamed him!)

I love Beyonce's music, but am racking my brain for an example of a movie I have enjoyed her in. Her acting was....not good. Ali Larter (from Heroes) wasn't bad, but she's always the femme fatale sort, so it wasn't exactly a stretch for her.


My main disappointment (aside from the movie as a whole) was Idris Elba...I fell hard for that guy while watching The Wire where he played Stringer Bell. The Wire was an incredible show on HBO about inner city Baltimore from both police and criminal points of view. It was awesome! I will have to do an entire post just about that show!


Anyways, to see my Stringer Bell in such a stinky movie, it just made me sad. Seriously, this movie isn't even worth posting spoilers on because I don't think anyone should be wasting their time. Trust me folks, this is 2+ hours of your life you will not get back!


Ah, that was a long winded one! hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

3 comments:

  1. i read spoilers before I saw 7 pounds and had decided i didn't want to see it.

    but then we watched it and i really liked it....but i agree on the jelly fish thing...i just don't know if it's even possible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Killing my self with a jelly fish is not my first choice...these days, just a trip through the perfume section of Macy's just about does me in and that wouldn't even sting. LOL!

    We have been doing netflix which works ok for us because we ALWAYS turn our store movies in late and they make a fortune off of us!

    Hope you are having a good week!


    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey you! Now I'm back!


    I just wanted to say thank you for the kind words and thoughts over the past few days. They bring me great comfort. I am feeling so very much better!~

    ~Julie

    ReplyDelete