Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Burque Babes & Bullies

The Mr. and I have two pit bulls: CoCo and LuLu. Before we got our older one (CoCo) I knew nothing about pit bulls other than they were always in the headlines, attacking people and generally creating havoc. I also thought they were dogs that tough gang members had for "pets".

Little did I know that our future household member would be a sweet, lazy lap dog that loves everyone she meets and is gentle with our small niece and nephew.

I know that there has been a lot of bad press surrounding pit bulls and I would like to address some of that at a later post, but right now I want to tell everyone about the Burque Babes and Bullies.

This is a group of ladies that promotes the positive and rewarding aspects of the breed and works to dispel some of their myths. All the money they raise goes to a group here in town called Responsibly Adopting Albuquerque's Pit bulls (RAAP).

How do they raise money? By selling T-shirts with the BBB logo, having fundraisers, and promoting their pin-up style calendar! The calendar is really tasteful and cute, and helps to promote the idea that these dogs aren't just for guys that want to seem tough.




BTW, my girls and I will be featured in the 2010 calendar~I'll keep you posted! :)

3 comments:

  1. umm excuse me, can I get your autograph? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, you're a celebrity now! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you said "hello". I love meeting other nurses. BTW Happy Nurses Week!

    I had fun reading through some of your posts. Great! I especially liked "Trash the Dress". I'll be waiting! ")

    ReplyDelete