Saturday, May 2, 2009

Man Chili!

We love chili in our house! Tex-Mex, Red, Green, whatever!

I usually like to make chili when it's really cold outside, but it has already significantly warmed up here in New Mexico. I was craving some chili, though, and this recipe is just too darn easy!

Do the onion, garlic and oil thing at the bottom of a pan...




Add a package of ground turkey meat (Even though we're using turkey, this meal is still manly, just trust me in this one!)


An entire 28 oz can of diced tomatoes, including the juice!


Who is my little helper in the kitchen? That is one of my sweet pit bulls, LuLu. Whenever I am cooking, she is always there to help out, making sure anything that hits the ground is promptly taken care of.

Rinsed 12 oz cans of pinto beans and corn




Add some salt and cayenne pepper to taste (you know what you like!) I find the packaged chili or taco seasonings to be rather salty myself.

And for the not-so-secret man ingredient?



Beer! Not chicken broth, not water. Beer. Any beer you like! This is what turns an ordinary chili into a man chili. Hooray for beer!

Let simmer on the stove for about 30 minutes or so, I'm not an expert on this. Just long enough for everything to get hot, and for all the alcohol to burn off.

Mmmmm....man chili!



Now for my favorite part: chili decorations! I like fresh cilantro, avocado, and a little bit of plain Greek yogurt (instead of sour cream), but use your imagination here folks! Cheese, onions, tortilla chips, jalapenos, whatever!




Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment