Wednesday, May 13, 2009

OMG! This cake, like, made me so popular!

So, we had this crazy two weeks worth of celebrations at the clinic where I work. (Tomorrow marks the last day with a Salsa making competition, which I am NOT competing in!) The celebration was meant to mark Nurses Week which my hospital pointedly chose to ignore, but we're not talking about that anymore, I have let it go! *Deep Breath*

Anyways, one of the days was a Chocolate Extravaganza Fantasy Madness theme where everyone brought a chocolaty delicious dessert to share with everyone. I was not working that day, but I brought in this dessert anyways and evidently it received quite a lot of fanfare! I just had to make it again for Mother's Day! Boy, am I glad I did!

A couple of weeks ago, I asked my fellow blogging friend Mommy's Kitchen for some advice about what I should make for this celebration. She had several suggestions, but this one seemed right up my alley as it didn't involve any baking! I would like to introduce to everyone: The Chocolate Eclair Cake! Be prepared everybody, you are about to be subjected to some extremely unprofessional photography!



All you need is:


Graham Crackers
Instant Vanilla Pudding Mix
2 cups of milk
a tub of Cool Whip
a regular size jar of chocolate frosting





Prepare the vanilla pudding according to directions with 2 cups of milk (*Extreme action shot!)



Add Cool Whip (Really appetizing, I know!) And nice shadow of myself in the picture! I am GOOD!



Layer graham crackers at the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan






Alternate with your pudding mixture




Make sure you finish with the graham crackers!




Microwave the frosting on DEFROST for 30-40 seconds...That's all you need for it to be the perfect consistency

Spread evenly over the top!




Now, this cake needs to sit overnight so the graham crackers will get really soft~it was super yummy and unbelievably easy! Thanks Mommy's Kitchen!!!

Enjoy! :)

6 comments:

  1. What did you just do?!?!?! Now I have to make this!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow I am so glad everyone loved it. My son askes for this dessert all the time. I especially love it in the summer since it requires no baking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I get the info on the class that you took for your lovely photography? It's just AMAZING! I need to learn how to take better pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And I started weight watchers today!!!!

    It's just not fair ")

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone at work still talks about this cake.
    Ran into someone at the store they were asking who made that yummy,pudding cake.

    ReplyDelete