Friday, May 1, 2009

Friday Fun Fact

I have tried my hardest to not put my political two cents in my blog thus far...But I think it has become unavoidable. I just have to make some commentary here. Sorry to anyone reading this who is in love with our President, I know there are lots and lots of you.

Last week, there was a low flying plane over NYC. It ended up being one of the President's planes. Over New York City. A city that had been victim to the worst terrorist attack on American soil. A terrorist attack that involved PLANES! As you can imagine, people were freaked.

At first, the President's people said they didn't know anything about it, but quickly realized that that made them look like a bunch of idiots, as they are required to know where the plane is at all times in case of an emergency and the President needs to be on board. (The President was in Washington while this was taking place.)

Then, it was a "training flight" that had already been paid for, so they had to do it.

Finally, it was decided that this this training session should turn into a Photo-Op situation: "Air Force One flying over Ground Zero". How touching. I wonder how much that cost all of us? Couldn't this have just been "Photo-shopped"? Wouldn't it have been nice if the mayor of NYC had at least been notified? (Mayor Bloomberg was evidently furious!)

Within all this mess, I was able to come up with a fun fact for you all! Did you know that Air Force One is only able to hold that title when the President is on board? At all other times, it is only considered "one of the President's planes". The same holds true for the presidential helicopter which becomes "Marine One" while the President is on board. "Air Force Two" refers to any plane that is carrying our vice-President (but not the President, of course, because then it would be Air Force One!) I didn't know that until the other day when the Mr. told me. Pretty cool, if you ask me!





Happy Friday Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment