Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Make this for dinner tonight!

My mom made this the other night as a side dish, and with a couple additional ingredients, it was easy to make into a main dish for the Mr. and I! Buying a rotisserie chicken makes it even easier, and it's one of those dishes that you could add whatever your pleasure!

Here's what I used, but feel free to add any sort of veggies or other additives you like!

Rotisserie chicken (I thought the Lemon Pepper flavor sounded yummy!)
Fresh tomatoes (but if you're a sun-dried lover, that would work, too!)
2 16 oz cans of artichoke hearts
1 16 oz can of garbanzo beans
Fresh basil and Fresh mint
Parmesan
almonds (I would've used pine nuts if I had them!)
orzo pasta
Olive oil/vinegar/salt/pepper to taste







Make the orzo according to directions (it only takes about 6 minutes to be al dente!)

Slice up the tomatoes and throw it in with the warm pasta





Take a couple turns around the bend with the olive oil and add vinegar and salt/pepper to taste

Drain and rinse the artichoke hearts and garbanzos








Add the fresh herbs of your choice





Slice up the chicken (I discarded the skin because I was feeling very virtuous!)



Finish with Parmesan and almonds!



This was even better the next day when all the flavors had a chance to get to know each other. This was also pretty yummy when it was cold!





Enjoy! :)


1 comment: