Saturday, April 18, 2009

A lovely flower arrangement for less than $6???

Daffodils have always been a favorite of mine. During springtime, I always love to purchase the pre-cut closed stems from Trader Joe's because it's fun to watch them open up after a couple of days. They are only $1.29 for 10 stems, people! I realize they aren't exactly eco-friendly, but I find fresh flowers to be such an easy and pretty way to decorate the home.





Masking tape is a florist's BFF because it can turn any vase into a beautiful centerpiece with little work or cost.






Tape across a vase in a grid pattern (make sure you fill the vase with water first!)






(Cut stems at an angle, so they will suck up as much H2O as possible.)



Arrange to your heart's content!







Keep in mind, that when you are using a glass vase, you have to "mind the downstairs" too! You want to make sure you don't have a beautiful bouquet of flowers up top with weird looking clumps of stems below!




Now, I know that it will look like a sorry Christmas tree for a day or two...


But after only a couple of days, here's what you'll have!



BTW, can we talk about how cute these place mats are? Potterybarn, baby! $2 each on sale!
Happy Springtime!

4 comments:

  1. i love this tip! I can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, you are so Martha Stewart! I love doing flower arrangements too. I will post the flowers I did for my sisters shower soon. This is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How cool is that!!! and pretty I cant wait to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty.

    I found your blog through Kelly and Rhett's.

    ReplyDelete