Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Luminaria Centerpiece

I came across these lovely babies in a Martha Stewart Weddings magazine and I just had to try them out. (Never wanting to miss a DIY opportunity!)

My friend M is getting married next summer and so I went over to her place to brainstorm on Invitations, Save-the-Dates, and centerpieces. It was lots of fun!

These are really quite easy to make, I don't have a full tutorial in pictures, but you can see the finished product right here. All you need is some vellum paper, (I think fabric would work nicely, too!) some ribbon, some mono glue, and a battery candle!


Cut the paper to size, adhere it to the glass with the mono glue (special glue that sticks really well and rolls out like tape, I love that stuff!) and stick a contrasting ribbon around it at whichever level you desire! (We decided the top third looked the best.)

Place a battery candle (those things are so cool!) and you're left with a lovely lantern which makes a special centerpiece~pretty easy!

No comments:

Post a Comment