Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Sushi Queen

One of my work friends introduced me to this idea when she made it for her daughter's spa-themed birthday party. I thought it sounded so cute, I just had to try it out on the Book Club girls!

Ingredients:
1/4 cup butter
4 cups Rice Krispies cereal
10 oz bag of mini marshmallows
gummi worms (I used the sour kind)
Fruit-by-the-foot fruit rollups




Melt butter in the bottom of a saucepan




Add marshmallows until melted, then remove from heat









Stir in the Rice Krispies



Spread into two separate pans (I sprayed the pans first)



Cut each pan lengthwise (Do yourself a favor and spray the knife too!)





Place the gummi worms along on edge (I tried to make sure there were no repeating colors)





With the help of the wax paper, roll it up!










Cut each roll into 1 inch pieces






Wrap the fruit roll-ups around each piece (I tried to find the green apple flavor, but I think the tie-dye berry worked out nicely!)







I sprinkled some Nerds candy on top to make it look like roe, but it didn't stick very well






A fun snack to amuse your friends.






Enjoy! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment