Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Trash the Dress

My friend K over at The Lawrences told me about this fantastic concept! I can't believe I'd never heard of it before! BTW, check out her blog, it's super-cute and she was so sweet to give me a shout-out last week. (Thanks, mama!)


OK, so she told me about this tradition called Trash the Dress. It is where your guy gets dressed back up in the tux and you put back on the white dress and retake your wedding pictures in settings you wouldn't have the time or the desire to do on the big day!


While I absolutely loved my wedding weekend, (yes, folks, it was an event that occurred over the course of TWO days!) it breaks my heart that we really don't have any GREAT pictures. We didn't have a professional photographer and just decided to "wing it". We have nice pics and OK pics, but none that are like THE picture you want to save and look at forever. It makes me sad. Trashing the dress makes me happy!


Now, you could do some fun and crazy things when you trash the dress.


Some are a little funky...


Some are a little weird...(Does anyone think she looks like a corpse?)




Some are just bizarre...(I don't even know how this one was possible!)




Some are romantic...(This reminds me of a From Here to Eternity moment)










This one seriously gives me heart palpitations, I just think it's so beautiful!



You get the idea. Obviously, you aren't going to have the chance to go for a swim before heading to your reception. And since you're never going to wear the dress again, you might as well "trash" it! Most professional cleaners will be able to launder your dress back to it's original state. (Although, I think the girl that actually set hers on fire is pretty much out of luck.)


As for my own trashing event? Well, we're still looking for the right photographer, and I want to keep it a secret...But I would like for it to involve neon...and graffiti...and maybe a tattoo parlor...









I've already said too much!!!

4 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your Trash The Dress pictures! They are going to be so awesome!

    and thanks for the blog love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun! I am a big advocate for these!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a blast!!!

    Do you know Nader, the fellow in our unit? Although not a "professional" photographer, his photography skills are AWESOME and I know he did just shoot a wedding. So he may be someone to consider.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a good photographer if you need one...

    ReplyDelete